Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Remember my town of beans

People often ask me, where I am from, I was born in the DMV yet I've spent many formative experiences in places all over the world including Boston, the Bean, or as I affectionately call it the town of beans. As someone who has participated in Marathon Monday for years, I am shocked, yet I am finding peace, peace in the realities that Boston will overcome this. I was reminded of this reality yesterday after reading this from Boston College Professor Krause . I am joining Professor Krause in his pledge to run the 2014 Boston Marathon for charity.

I am so grateful for technology that has allowed me to communicate with my loved ones' back in Boston from 4,000 miles away. Here are a few links of the humanity and help exhibited during yesterday's events. Thank you to all of you unsung heroes working continuously to protect an serve our community. 

XO

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/boston-marathon-tragedy-met-with-amazing-acts-of-kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment