Sunday, April 28, 2013

Vintage a no-go

Today I did something ‘scary.’ I decided to venture around Venice with the sole purpose of getting lost and finding ‘Vintage a Go-Go.’ I’m a connoisseur of vintage and flea market shopping around the world. I’ve come to realize that items I purchase from vintage or flea markets carry a story, although, I may be unaware of that story, I have the opportunity to create a new story through my life. So my quest began. I got off the Vaporetto at Ca’ Rezzonico and off I went to explore. As I walked for a few minutes I noticed a storefront that looked exactly like that of ‘Vintage a Go-Go,’ I creepily stared, because the storefront didn’t have the ‘Vintage a Go-Go’ signage thus I continued to wander around Calle Lunga for about twenty or thirty minutes. Whatever, it was beautiful day. If I hadn’t I wouldn’t have walked around in circles, I wouldn’t have learned a new way to get to Campo Santa Margarita or discover my new hideout. From my journeys around Venice, I discovered my passion of ‘mom and pop’ businesses where people in the community have a vested interest. Thus, over the new few weeks I’ll be featuring women and men who own their own businesses in Venice, Italy. Here are some of my favorite pictures of what I did and where I went on Friday.  

What would a day of exploration be without una pallina di gelato?

Friday accessories. The black and gold bracelet was made in Italy, but I
found it at Vintage Love in Munich

Chin up. I love what this picture exudes.  
Me2

My new hideout complete with quite, tea, and cookies.
This is where I'll be from now on...I'm interviewing the owner

And they have fabulous cooking books. magnifique! 

No comments:

Post a Comment